What is Meiosis?
Meiosis is a small, dependency-free library that helps you organize the data flow of your web applications. It is a UWYL library - Use What You Like! Meiosis works with:
You choose what you like to use for creating views. Meiosis organizes how the data flows in your application by:
- Creating and maintaining a single root model - the single source of truth
- Optionally supporting a
statefunction that takes the model and computes additional properties, producing the application state
- Letting you hook in functions that receive proposals and change the model accordingly
- Passing action objects to your views so that they can trigger proposals
- Automatically re-rendering your views
- Letting you define logic for actions that should automatically trigger.
Meiosis is about managing the application data flow. Create components by specifying functions, and Meiosis takes care of the wiring. Every part of the process is optional, so you can specify what you need for each component.
The general idea behind Meiosis is to start with a model. Optionally write a
state function that adds computed properties to produce the application state. Write a function that creates the view. Meiosis will pass the model/application state to that function, along with a propose function to send proposals. You can also configure an actions object instead. In that case, the view can call functions without needing to know the details of the proposals. Finally, create a function that receives proposals and determines the resulting model. Meiosis calls the view with the updated model. You can also define a function to determine if another action should automatically trigger.